Tuesday, March 22, 2016

JAM 2016

Last weekend we partnered with 4 local churches to host our first ever Jesus And Me (JAM) girls' discipleship weekend.  Over 20 women volunteers and 33 girls attend as they covered topics like personal devotions, prayer, life after high school, lies people believe, grief/ loss/ depression.  Each girl received a new Bible, took part in worship and Bible study.  Activities included s'mores, panel discussion, manicures, illustrated faith, and boat rides.  It was an awesome weekend.  Here are some quotes from girls from this past weekend:

  • "I am glad I learned more ways to pray, like that I can write prayers and pray while I sing. I think that will work well for me."
  • "I want to do this forever, I love it here."
  • "The weekend was amazing. I had really put my daily devotional time on the back burner and I'm really excited to get back to doing it."
  • " I came to this thing to get out of Saturday school. I didn't know I'd end up learning so much about God and end up having a personal relationship with him! It is awesome. I am excited."


Group picture
The girls getting their nails done at the spa
Illustrative faith and Bible Journaling

girls going for a boat ride
a leader and a girl whose family said that she never smiles for pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment